Please connect with your Account Manager for more information on how to acquire 1099-NEC filing services. Below you'll find relevant details to consider before enrolling.
When is the cut-off for enrollment?
- The cutoff for enrollment will be December 31st of the calendar year you wish to begin using the service.
Do I need to take any action to re-enroll?
- Enrollment will continue to remain active unless opted out.
- Please view the terms of your contract or reach out to our Account Manager for more information.
How and when are forms filed to State and Federal authorities?
- Branch will facilitate the filing to State and Federal authorities as required.
- All 1099-NEC forms will be distributed by Jan 31st for the respective tax season.
How are forms made available to my administrative staff and payees?
- Once filed, Branch will send digital copies of the 1099-NEC files to each worker’s email address associated with their Branch account.
- The payer email address provided by your organization will be CC'd on all 1099-NEC form distributed.
How are earnings handled for payments made outside of Branch?
- Branch will only file 1099-NECs for disbursements made to Branch accounts and will only file for workers with $600 or more in reported earnings via Branch.
- Your organization is responsible for filing separate 1099-NECs for any amount paid outside of Branch AND situations where a worker earned $600 or more in total earnings with less than $600 paid through Branch.
How does Branch define the "Payer" for the 1099-NEC forms?
- During enrollment, you will provide the Payer information for Branch to use for filing.
- Your organization will be listed as the Payer on all 1099-NEC forms.
Does Branch support W-9 Forms?
- The W-9 form can be provided to the company or worker upon request, but this form will not be proactively sent out.
Does Branch support quarterly IRS Payments?
- Branch does not currently handle quarterly IRS payments.
Does Branch support W2 Forms?
- Branch does not handle W2 tax forms.
How is my organization billed for the 1099-NEC service?
- An invoice for this service will be sent by February 28th for the respective tax season.
For billing specifics, please review your contract or reach out to your Account Manager for more information.